Myrna Silva - Notary Services
A Proper form of Identification is important and required
You must show a valid government ID which is current, or has been issued within the past 5 years. The Identification must have a photograph, description and signature of the person, and an identifying number.
Acceptable Forms of Identification Include:
- An identification card or driver's license issued by the California Department of Motor Vehicles.
- A U.S. passport issued by the State Department of the United States.
Other state-approved identification card consisting of any one of the following, provided that it also contains a photograph, description of the person, signature of the person, and an identifying number:
- A passport issued by a foreign government, provided that it has been stamped by the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service or the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service;
- A driver's license issued by another state or by a Canadian or Mexican public agency authorized to issue a driver's license;
- An identification card issued by another state;
- A military identification card issued by any branch of the armed forces of the United States;
- An inmate identification card issued by the California Department of Corrections, if the inmate is in custody.
- Two credible witnesses that personally know the signer in the case where the document signer lacks ID. The credible witnesses cannot be named in the document and cannot have financial interest in the document. Both credible witnesses must have proper ID.